ABOUT THE ARTIST
ADELINE YEO 杨丝祯 Singapore
“When I paint with my fingers, it makes me feel one with the canvas. I am free to create whatever I have in my mind. I am a very sensorial person, so it feels almost like an intimate process to me.” – The Business Times, Singapore.
Singapore’s first female finger-painting artist. Seven successful solo exhibitions since 2010. Vibrant, exuberant and spirited burst of colors. Bold artworks expressing an intense passion for life.
Adeline Yeo, born in 1977, is recognised as Singapore’s first female finger-painting artist. Since 2010, she has held several successful solo exhibitions. 2015 was a celebratory year for her – having presented Blossom at The Tower Club, being selected for the inaugural Transcending Gold Art-Pairing Exhibition by SK Jewellery, and contributing as a featured artist for Totes Unleashed, a SG50 charity project by Majority Media and Zan Magazine to raise funds for Children’s Cancer Foundation.
The strong and uninhibited finger strokes on her paintings, speak of uninhibited courage and confidence. It is a combination of femme fatale strength and gentle femininity all at once. Adeline’s artworks have the ability to empower, uplift and inspire, it is no wonder that many find her paintings emotional and inspirational, motivating one to explore the many storied facets of life. Her works are often vibrant, refreshing and one-of-a-kind. These are reflections of her deep thoughts as well as her zest for life and hope for love. As an artist, Adeline also challenges convention by painting – at times, in public – blindfolded, a practice that enables her to create exceptional artworks that are authentic and soulful, much like heartbeats and pulses that connect the mind, body and soul.
Today, her works are highly sought after by industry leaders, art aficionados and discerning art collectors. She performs ‘live’ at special events and enjoys painting blindfolded to raise funds for charity.
Adeline Yeo is also the author of ViVa! Life Illuminated, an eclectic collection of contemporary works encapsulated in a coffee-table book. The publisher of Write Editions, Mr Tan Chin Kar wrote about the book: “It is bold yet supremely delicate. Adeline’s exquisite repertoire of art pieces expresses a rare literary talent, one that has been richly cultivated by an introspective appreciation of life and a fearless spirit to live life.”
Her artworks have also been translated into Something Beautiful, a special collaboration with Singapore-based fashion label Milky Way, featuring prints of Adeline’s works in a limited edition
- 2015 Blossom, Tower Club Singapore
- 2013 Verve in Motion, Lexus Showroom, Borneo Motors Singapore
- 2013 ViVa! Life Illuminated Book Launch, The Fullerton Hotel & The Arts House
- 2012 ViVa! Life Illuminated, The Arts House & The Old Parliament House, Singapore
- 2012 Beautiful, Love, The Fullerton Hotel and The Fullerton Heritage Gallery, Singapore
- 2011 Monolith, The Sculpture Square, Singapore
- 2010 Dream World, Phoenix Park, Singapore
Charity Projects and Partners
- Assumption English School
- Budding Artists Fund, The Business Times
- Children’s Wishing Well
- Club Rainbow Singapore
- Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- Estee Lauder Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Montfort Junior School
- Mother and Child Project
- National Kidney Foundation
- Peace Village Saigon, an orphanage in Vietnam
- Pop and Talent Hub (PaTH), a social enterprise
- St Gabriel’s Primary School
- Sarah-Grace Sarcoma Foundation
- SingHealth, Singapore General Hospital
- Singapore Association for Mental Health
- TOUCH Special Crafts, TOUCH Community Services
- The Rivervale Community Club (CC) Building Fund
Adeline was interviewed on Channel NewsAsia on 29 August 2013. She was also featured painting live in the televised art series OKTO ARTIST IN RESIDENCE in August 2012.